Meticulously tested and refined for many years now, we are pleased to provide a complete Walbro 525 fuel pump upgrade package for your Evolution X or Ralliart. The kit contains the following components:
- Genuine Walbro F90000285 525 L/hr fully-E85-compatible fuel pump, ready to drop in. This pump flows 8-9% more than the previous Walbro 450 pump @ 30 PSI boost and 45 PSI base pressure.
- COBB Delrin pump ring, pre-installed on the pump in the correct orientation
- Black, carbon-impregnated (OEM quality, truly E85 compatible) PTFE flexible pump outlet hose (also pre-installed on the pump)
- Wasatch Turbo Factory inline fuel filter (PTFE hose and AN fittings, custom-made to your specified fuel rail)
Our Walbro 525 kit has the following advantages:
- Pre-assembled and ready to drop-in - only minor wiring required. No other kit on the market gives you a definite means of installation like ours does.
- Saves you about 30 minutes or more of labor to modify the pump outlet length for proper clearance and then forcefully installing an incorrectly-sized flexible hose onto the pump outlet (which requires a heat gun or method of heating the hose)
- Our kit ensures proper above-pump clearance and no kinking of the flexible hose. This allows you to get the full capacity from your Walbro 525 unlike other solutions.
- If installed incorrectly, you can greatly reduce your pumping capacity and even cause early death of your fuel pump or fuel starvation to your engine. We have continually revised our solution to be better and better over the years so you never have to worry about your fuel pump.
We recommend using the factory wiring on this pump setup up to 500 WHP on E85. Past that point, you should use a PWM controller such as from Easy Performance to properly regulate the pump. For anything but a dedicated drag car, a relay-based hard-wired pump is not an acceptable solution as it leads to elevated fuel pressure under idle/cruise and therefore a car that is impossible to properly tune, constant pumping of fuel at full flow through the hot engine bay leading to elevated fuel temperatures and lean-out issues after extended driving, and extra stress on the pump leading to decreased lifespan.
Recommended return venturi jet orifice size: 5/64" (2.0 mm)