The E-Tuning Process
This is an overview of the e-tuning process and how it typically goes for you and your car. For cars in good mechanical condition with no boost leaks present, this process goes very smoothly. You'll find that cars in the best running order as far as induction system leaks, fuel system behavior, and engine health will tune out to perfection in only 5-10 revisions.
- Review our e-tuning requirements. We only tune via a Tactrix cable and do not support the COBB Accessport for reasons detailed here: https://www.wtftuned.com/pages/faq
- Place an order on our website. Our e-tuning form collects pretty much everything we need to know to produce a base map to get you up and running on a WTF Tune: https://www.wtftuned.com/collections/frontpage/products/evo-x-ralliart-e-tune
- Prepare your car for tuning. Make sure you're up-to-date on your fluid maintenance and that your engine is in good mechanical order. We recommend conducting a boost leak test if possible and performing a compression test on your engine if it has been in the care of another tuner before or if it has relatively high mileage. If you have an SST-equipped car, make sure to change your SST fluid if it hasn't been done in the last 20,000 miles.
- Prepare software and hardware for tuning. You'll need to get your laptop prepared with the latest versions of EvoScan and EcuFlash before we start. Get those installed and updated and then work on getting your serial-based wideband logging working as well. You'll need both a serial interface via your wideband gauge and a USB-to-serial adapter for your laptop as most laptops no longer have serial interfaces. We've got means to log via USB on the AEM Wideband Failsafe gauge, so contact us for information on that. Feel free to contact us on any issues you run into while getting your wideband gauge to log via EvoScan.
- Await delivery of our base map. Generally we reach out to find out how quickly you'd like to begin tuning either before or after you place your order. Let us know, and we'll crank out a custom-tailored base map for your car within 24-48 hours. Once we're ready, we'll email over to you both your base map with instructions and instructions for getting your first logs done using EvoScan. Every WTF base map is based upon 7+ years experience tuning the Evo X and data from hundreds of cars, so you can trust it will run your car well from the get go. If you need to make a long trip or accelerate moderately on your base map, please feel comfortable doing so; just avoid sustained WOT operation until we give you the go-ahead for that.
- Flash your base map and collect your first logs. Using EcuFlash, you'll flash your WTF base map and ensure the car starts after the process. For SST-equipped cars, you'll need to clear DTC's via EcuFlash after each flashing procedure. You'll then log via EvoScan per our instructions and then email the CSV format logs back to us.
- We evaluate your first logs. From your first logging session, we'll be able to tell if your car is running correctly based upon our base settings, and we'll let you know if you need to search for boost leaks, fuel system issues, or anything else in order to continue. If everything looks as expected, we'll ask you to gather a little more logging data for us before we begin full-power tuning. We'll go through a couple revisions to optimize your injector and intake characterizations and do any fine-tuning for perfect drive quality.
- Flash your next revision and perform WOT tests. Once we let you know it's time, you'll want to flash the latest tune revision we send you and find a nice straight and level road to perform WOT testing in 3rd gear. Make sure it's a safe stretch of road and that you won't run into any issues fully exercising the car up to 80 MPH. We'll also need you to collect data in 4th gear toward the end of the tuning process, so please be prepared to do so.
- We optimize your car for safe power delivery. Based upon the engine telemetry you collect for us, we will send you multiple revisions to test to fully optimize power output for your given modifications and fuel. We've been dyno tuning and street tuning Evo X's for over 7 years now, so we'll be able to provide you expert guidance along the way as to how the car is performing and what we'll need to do next to ensure lasting, safe power delivery.
- We tune on additional fuel(s) and on flex fuel, if applicable. After we're done optimizing power output on your primary fuel, we'll guide you to either switch fuels or get your flex fuel setup ready for tuning. The same tuning process will apply as before.
- Let us know about any issues or improvements you'd like. We're always available no matter if it's a few days after we're done tuning or a few years to help you ensure your car is continuing to run 100% perfect. Just reach out to us and let us know what's going on. We've got a whole team available to take care of you, so always know that making your car run well and safely is our top priority.