Please read everything below before ordering!
Absolutely no refunds. Our services are in high-demand as always, so please make sure you and your car are ready to commit to a remote tune before ordering. Every order we receive has an impact on our schedule and workload. Base map delivery time is highly dependent on current workload, time of year / busy seasons, and the personal schedule of WTF employees; as stated below, you will be contacted almost immediately by our team with an ETA of when we can get started.
If you are in a time-critical situation where you need a base map ASAP to run your car, please give us at least 2 weeks prior notice before your need-by date. All e-tune customers are handled in the order in which orders are placed by default, so details need to be hashed out ahead of time if you have a deadline in mind.
Custom basic E-Tune for your 2008-2015 Evo X or 2009-2015 Ralliart. Our team will personally contact you via email to confirm the details for your base map. Please make sure to check the email address you use to check out for an email from us. If you do not hear from us within 2 business days after ordering, please email email@example.com
Think of this as a compromise between a fully-optimized and sometimes lengthy e-tune and a generic base map.
Here's a guide on how the e-tuning process works: The E-Tuning Process. The E-Tuning Lite process is identical, but there are certain stipulations to the amount of revisions and diagnostic work that we cover below.
- Base map personally tailored to your mods, constructed from data aggregated from several hundred 4B11T's personally tuned by TJ @ WTF (UT_EvoX)
- Meticulous expert calibration of your intake system based upon the individual behavior for your car
- Optimal boost, timing advance, and burn ratio (AFR) curves for your particular turbo and fuel
- SST-related calibration for equipped cars
- Perfect balance of factory-quality driveability and optimal, safe power delivery
- Limited to three (4) revisions, so it's very important that your car meet our stringent E-Tune Lite requirements
- Our full-rate e-tuning customers take priority over E-Tune Lite projects, so revisions will only be guaranteed once per week.
- Diagnostic work on cars that would normally be covered for free under a full e-tune will be billed out on a case-by-case basis. This includes any in-depth help with troubleshooting any fuel system issues, boost leaks, or hardware issues on our car.
- If we identify a hardware issue on your car that prevents us from tuning it out correctly, we will let you know and give you the opportunity to fix it. If the issue persists beyond your included 3 revisions, we will charge for further diagnostic work, up to but not exceeding the price of a full-rate single map E-Tune ($350).
- If your car does not meet the requirements below, we can issue you a refund for your tune order prior to base map delivery, or help you acquire the parts you need in order to continue.
- Certain intake systems are not supported. If you submit an order with one of these intakes, we will notify you and give you options for what will work.
- As this is a lighter, lower-cost version of our E-tune, your car must have a relatively simple setup in order to take advantage of this discounted service.
- A properly installed 3-port EBCS is required. We recommend the COBB 3-port EBCS (click to purchase) above other brands. If you are not tuned for it already, you must wait until we provide you a base map until you install the 3-port EBCS, or engine damage may occur.
- Your fuel system, including all fuel lines, injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator (FPR) must be in 100% stock condition.
- Pump gas fuel (91, 93, 95 RON, 98 RON, for example) only.
- Your turbocharger must be the stock unit that came with the car, be it a Ralliart or Evo X.
- Your fuel pump high/low voltage crossover relay must have been replaced with either a blue (older - Mitsubishi P/N 8627A024) or orange (recommended - Mitsubishi P/N 8627A049) relay within the last 24 months.
- Your FPR vacuum/boost reference hose must be replaced with 3 mm silicone hose and be secured at both ends with zip ties or clamps. Just adding zip ties to the stock line is not enough as the factory hose becomes embrittled over time and can leak at the ends.
- Your car must have no boost leaks whatsoever. If your car does not run correctly on the custom base map that we provide, one of the first things we'll ask you to do is properly boost leak test the car.
- You cannot be running a VTA blow-off-valve. Your diverter/bypass valve must be fully recirculated and we recommend only the Synapse DV, TiAL QRJ, and stock Evo X and Ralliart bypass valves. Your aftermarket valve must have the correct spring installed, or you will experience excessive flutter surge during throttle position changes and shifts.
Software / Tuning Hardware Requirements:
- Laptop / netbook w/ Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 Installation
- If using a Mac, a dual boot installation of Windows will work
- Tactrix 2.0 Cable - reflash adapter not required
- EvoScan v2.9+
- EcuFlash 1.44+
- Wideband logging is not required, but if you do want us to review wideband data, your wideband gauge/controller must have serial or USB logging configured to work with EvoScan (AEM UEGO, AEM Wideband Failsafe, Innovate, Zeitronix)
Very happy with the outcome and extra power! TJ really really knows his stuff! Really well looked after even though I’m from the UK! Wouldn’t use anybody else! Especially when it comes time to turbo swap!!! If you’re thinking about using wtf do it now!!!
I was previously running an OTS COBB tune. Now my car runs great and pulls harder. TJ was great to work with, answered questions and walks you through each step of the tune. Great company to work with.
TJ was super helpful and knowledgeable, one more revision to go once it warms up but all ready pulls way harder. Super happy and will be coming back when I get more parts for the car.
I am very pleased with the results and the depth of the tune. TJ went above and beyond of what I expected from this. He was very helpful and insightful. I learnt a lot in the process as well. Car had clutch chatter before on a gst tune and that's all cleared up and I have the piece of mind the car will perform correctly. I would recommend this to any one with the stock turbo and bolt ins that wants so extra power.